Re: light weight desktop for browsing

Stephen,

that is one of the weird things. I went back to mac os and deleted the partitions hoping that maybe the installer would rather create them itself. When i look at /proc/partitions now (after rebooting and getting the installer going again) it shows all the partitions including the ones I removed.

it seems to get hung up on partitions.

I was wondering if this could be a similar problem to the Q700 2 drive problem? While trying to install on a Q700 I had to add a line (mac53c9x=1,0) to fix that problem. Is there something similar maybe going on?

Tony

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 12:29:07PM -0600, Tony Pitman wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> I am actually trying that now. The problem I keep hitting is when it loads
> the partition manager it tries to detect drives. It keep dieing on that. I
> will try to get a copy of the output log to post to the list.
>
> I know that dmesg gives the kernel messages. How do I get the stuff that is
> being output to the next terminal window? It is giving some error messages
> that might help you all figure out what is going on.

vc3 is /var/log/messages. vc4 is /var/log/syslog.

If it helps any, nc is available.

What does /proc/partitions look like? Are all the devices created
properly in /dev?

<stephen@marenka.net>