Re: light weight desktop for browsing

Stephen,

I am actually trying that now. The problem I keep hitting is when it loads the partition manager it tries to detect drives. It keep dieing on that. I will try to get a copy of the output log to post to the list.

I know that dmesg gives the kernel messages. How do I get the stuff that is being output to the next terminal window? It is giving some error messages that might help you all figure out what is going on.

Tony

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 06:06:43PM -0600, Tony Pitman wrote:

> Thanks for the tips. I am still fighting with getting base deb
> installed,
> so I will keep this around for when I get that far.

If you're having woody problems, then please test out debian-installer
<http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>. It needs all the
testing it can get.

<stephen@marenka.net>