Re: d-i problem with Penguin-19.sit

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Anthony J. Stuckey wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 06:29:53PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> > Truthfully, I was thinking stuffit pretty much came with modern mac os
> > versions. Clearly not.
>
> 	It depends on what you mean by "modern".  I think that was included
> starting with 7.6.

I think that prior to MacOS 7.6, MacOS installers didn't provide a way to
unpack even a binhex (.hqx) or macbinary (.bin), let alone stuffit (.sit).

Maybe someone can put together an HFS floppy under MacOS with penguin and
emile (and, space permitting, a kernel and bootloader configuration) and
then rip an image under linux using dd.

The image could be downloaded and dd'd onto a floppy using any linux box
without special tools and then read on a mac. (I've used this trick to
create 1440 KB bootable mac disk tools floppies from my x86 laptop running
linux 2.6.7 ... YMMV.)

-F