Re: d-i problem with Penguin-19.sit

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 05:59:41PM +0200, Kilian Krause wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm just trying to install Debian on a Quadra 650 with the d-i beta4 and
> daily cvs snapshot. Both have only a Penguin-19.sit which cannot be
> unpacked on my Mac for there's no StuffIt installed. All my efforts to
> get some old m68k MOS 7.5 StuffIt installed have failed so far.
> Thus please, could anybody provide me with a format that i can burn onto
> CD and then try to install Debian with d-i? (maybe on the release CD
> this should also be supplied in expanded version)
> Btw. the README.txt states that /tools/ and /install/floppy/ would be
> holding all binaries i need to get the job done. Neither of those
> directories is on my netinstall CDs and thus no StuffIt in there either.
> Thanks! (btw. please CC me as i'm not on this list!)

Truthfully, I was thinking stuffit pretty much came with modern mac os
versions. Clearly not.

Looks like a few more items I need to take care of. Short of building an
hfs partition, I don't see how all the tools for a mac can be included
on cd.

Probably should use binhex instead of stuffit archives, since there are
free software binhex decoders, but still need would need some way to get
the program onto the mac.

I guess we need an hfs disk image. Any more ideas?