Re: Atari Updates for d-i rc2

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 07:11:57AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> > Ideally, the ST-RAM swap support would be fixed but it is probably
> > matter of weeks. Roman Hodek (the author) is quiet and there is no other
> > Atari kernel developer, it seems.
>
> Even if we don't know what to set, it's seems worth having that patched
> kernel in debian. If Christian will build it and ya'll can test it, then
> we'll go for putting it in.

I'd prefer if your patches are in the linx-m68k CVS. Either way, I'll have
to build a new kernel-patch package before I build new kernel-images.
kernel-image is the time consuming part, when built on m68k, but for testing
I will cross-compile an image first.

> > OK, enough theory, now to the real life: on Falcon with at least AB40
> > and CT2 (accelerators providing also FastRAM) the bootstrap makes sure
> > to quit if either of these bits is set. In order to make it easier for
> > the user I would suggest to always clear the "Load to TT/FastRAM" flag.
> > As for the "Allocate from" flag, it cannot be cleared for all users,
> > unfortunately (it would cause problems on machines with low ST-RAM that
> > have good TT-RAM, like TT030 or CT60). I am working on a solution (not
> > sure if I get it ready for rc2 - how much time is it, anyway?).

Please do not break CT60 support. Or first board has been shipped and when
Michael returns in a week, I am sure he wants to install debian on it...

Christian