Re: SLIP for d-i

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 01:33:03PM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Hi,
> How to install Sarge over SLIP (serial line IP)? Since I still have the
> serial cable hooked up I thought it could be used for the d-i.

That's not possible; but you should be able to use PPP, although the
support in d-i itself isn't quite finished. If you don't mind fiddling
with pppd itself...

pppd ttyS0 115200 passive noauth

pppd ttyS0 115200 noauth defaultroute usepeerdns

You probably have to jump into the shell to get that running... also,
the 'usepeerdns' stuff might not work, in which case you need to throw
it out.

     smog  |   bricks
 AIR  --  mud  -- FIRE
soda water |   tequila