Re: Where can I download latest cross-compilers?

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 11:06:28AM -0300, Luciano Jose Alves wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> What is the latest version of cross-compiler and
> binutils for compile 68k linux kernel in i386
> machines?

If you want that, you'll probably need to compile one yourself.

A short explanation of an easy way to do that (that is, without
cross-building glibc in the process, which requires you to build the
compiler twice) can be found at
<http://linux.bytesex.org/cross-compiler.html>. However, since you're
talking about Linux/m68k (of which only Debian is recent enough to be
interesting), you'll need to extract .deb archives instead of rpm
archives. You can do this by:

mkdir unpack; cd unpack
ar x /path/to/some_debian_archive.deb
tar xzf data.tar.gz

... which will unpack the .deb in an 'unpack' directory.

If that doesn't work, yell.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks