Re: kernel 2.2 and d-i

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 01:30:23AM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Real disappointed by the kernel 2.4.26 that allocates the videoram
> randomly and often completely out of 24-bit VIDEL range I have given
> last try with the 2.2.x kernel. And what a surprise - at the moment
> where kernel 2.4.x turned font colors to red and got stuck the 2.2.x
> cleared the screen and offered language selection!

I wonder if adding debian-installer/framebuffer=false as a kernel
parameter would help the 2.4 install.

> Seems like the Sarge should better offer also 2.2.x kernel for some m68k
> archs :)

I wish I had your feedback a month ago. I will add back the 2.2 kernel for
atari. I've been thinking about reorganizing things anyway.

I'm not sure it will release. I'm not even sure the new atari kernel will
make the release, since rc1 is already built. However, the daily builds
aren't going anywhere and will eventually make it into a release, perhaps
as a point release. That's what I hope will happen with vme.

<stephen@marenka.net>