Re: how to build bootstrap for Atari on linux-ia32

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> I would need to hack the Atari bootstrap to try to work around the
> unusable FastRAM on Falcon clones. I have a m68k-mint-gcc crosscompiler
> running (it builds EmuTOS properly) but I had hard time getting it to
> compile the linux-m68k bootstrap. What are the right kernel includes for
> the bootstrap (had some #define clashes when tried to use some kernels I
> have here)? And is there a simple/documented way of successful boostrap
> building on Debian sid (ia32)?

Building m68kboot can indeed be tricky due to include differences between old
and new kernels. I fixed up many of these for the Amiboot build, but due to the
lack of a m68k-mint-gcc crosscompiler I never tried to build Ataboot.

M68kboot really should be fixed to use its own copy of known-working kernel
includes, but since no one really recompiles it, no one seems to care ;-)

For now, your best bet is to fix up includes when you encounter problems. I'm
even willing to check in fixes if you send patches (CC'd to the list, please).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds