Re: Debian Sarge Installation Manual

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> 2.5. Memory and Disk Space Requirements
>
>  On the Amiga the size of FastRAM is relevant towards the total memory
>  requirements. Also, using Zorro cards with 16-bit RAM is not supported;
>  you'll need 32-bit RAM. The amiboot program can be used to disable

16-bit RAM is not supported on Zorro III-capable machines only.
It should work (albeit slow, so you may want to use it for swap using the z2ram
driver) on older machines which have Zorro II only.

>  16-bit RAM; see the Linux/m68k FAQ. Recent kernels should disable
>  16-bit RAM automatically.

Yep, on Zorro III-capable machines.

> 3.6.1. Firmware Revisions and Existing OS Setup

>  interrupts, resulting in a boot hang. The Amiga bootstrap requires
>  ixemul.library, a version of which is distributed on the CD-ROM. On the

Ugh, does Debian still distribute an Amiboot that needs ixemul.library?
`recent' (anything since 1995 or 1996?) versions of Amiboot are linked against
libnix (No IXemul).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds