Re: Call for m68k/atari debian-installer testers

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 11:19:42AM -0400, Sam Creasey wrote:
> >
> > I could probably find a spare 3/60 to send off...
>
> Can you spare a sysdamin to operate the box? I don't think I've ever seen
> one, no idea how hard it is to get running.

It's not *too* hard to operate the box.  I'd be happy to help out in
getting it into a running configuration.  (nfsroot is by far the easiest
way to do this, and it's actually faster than running off of a SCSI disk).

> > > If I get positive feedback, I will upload it to the archive. Since I never
> > > heard back from the sun people, I can not build images for sun yet.
> >
> > Erm, what are you waiting to hear back from the sun people on?
>
> I put a sun .config file in kernel-patch-2.4.26-m68k, I need feedback if
> that config file would produce a usable kernel. I already heard that sun3
> and sun3x(?) can not be compiled into one kernel-image, so I'd have to split
> that. But I have no idea about what hardware drivers make sense on sun,
> which don't work, etc. Ideally you would send me back a .config file that I
> can use to build kernel-image packages for sun.

Sun3x should be able to be compiled into the same kernel as any other
m68k.  Sun3, correct, requires its own kernel to work correctly.

Sorry for my total debian ignorance, but where would I go to look for this
patch, so I can validate the config file and kernel image?

Thanks.

-- Sam