Re: Debian/Linux/BSD/UNIX on Mac *SE*

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 06:47:36PM -0600, David D. Kilzer wrote:
> Three or four years ago I built a version of Penguin booter that ran on
> MMU-less Macs and hacked together a 2.0.38 kernel for my Mac SE with an
> ethernet card.  The kernel never made it very far, but it did start
> booting.  I still have the modified Penguin source and kernel source,
> though.

I suspect that quite a few of the drivers will need a few fixes to
work correctly. In particular, the SE doesn't have a second VIA,
which might break a lot of stuff. However, a number of things like
ADB look pretty much the same as the SE/30. The NCR5380 is setup
more or less the same, too.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com