Re: Hard drive problem

Tomy Alarie wrote:

Hi, i've wanted to format my seagate barracuda 2.0 gb drive. I've used Apple HD SC Setup patched, started to initialize.. And then it bugged. So i've tryed back and the app doesnt see my drive. I've downloaded APS PowerTools 4. Tryed to do a easy initialize and he wasnt able to see anything on my drive ? How can i get my drive back ?

Try LIDO. Do some research at www.jagshouse.com. Do a search on his site for LIDO. Works on PPC and m68k. About the best I've seen that's free.

By the way. Just edit the /etc/network/interfaces file as follows for DHCP:

   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback

   auto eth0
   iface eth0 inet dhcp

I just followed Christian Steigies' advice. And it worked.

One other trick. Make sure that your dhcp is working in MacOS. I've seen the ethernet fail to work in Linux if it were not initialized and working in MacOS. In other words, be using the ethernet for TCP/IP and appletalk before booting into Linux.

I found that using the <dhclient-2.2.x> command or just <dhclient> seems to get the trick down after doing an <ifconfig eth0 down> But I guess the main thing is verifying that DHCP is working on the MacOS side doesn't hurt.

Hank