Re: network configuration

Tomy Alarie wrote:

Hi hank, i've finally tried what i've told you .. Nothing worked... but not my dhcp tryout but maybe it can work, when i've seen that it doesn't recognize my dhcp i just restart my computer , so maybe it works.

If your dhcp server is working, then boot process will pick it up and configure your network card.

Reconfiguring your NIC can be done after it's been configured with a static IP. You'll just have to dig a little deeper. The easiest way to do it is to just start from scratch. Wipe out everything. And let the boot install procedure set it up for you.

You should look at Brad Boyer's email. He has done it. Maybe he can give you a few tips. It does have something to do with ifup and ifdown like he said.

I'm gonna try the 2.4 kernel. There's no update since a while , whats happening with this kernel ?

Try this link.
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/kernel-image/

Like I told you before, no one has a working 2.4.x kernel on an mac68k machine except Ray Knight. And that
only works on a Mac IIfx.

Hank

thanks
tomy