Re: X-Server on Amiga 1200/AGA

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 23:47, Thomas Ihle wrote:
> Thanks for the fast answer, but there are still some little problems.
>
> Kars de Jong schrieb:

> >You could try installing the last 3.x version of XFree86, which did have
> >working amifb support.
> >

> Where can i get the "old" Version incl. depencies? In the pool of
> ftp.de.debian.org are only versions for i386 and alpha. And i still need
> an example XF86Config. I attached the one i used last time. Is this one
> o.k.?

You could get it from Debian 2.1 (slink):

ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-archive/dists/slink/main/binary-m68k/x11

xserver-common_3.3.2.3a-11.deb
xserver-fbdev_3.3.2.3a-11.deb

You should only need to install the old server, this should work fine
with newer (version 4.x) libraries (fingers crossed).

I don't think you can use a version 4.x XF86Config. I'll dig out mine
tomorrow.

> >Getting this fixed is still somewhere on my todo list, but there are too
> >many other things on it ;-)
> >

> I hope it's in the Top10 :-)

Just about... at the bottom. Currently working on another m68k platform,
an old VME CPU board and companions.

Kars.