Re: LC/Performa 475 Errors.

On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 08:50 AM, R Seiji wrote:

In the processes of configuring installation on the above system. Have 36MB RAM and have upgraded CPU to 040 (from LC). Keep getting the following alert:

 Unexpected IRQ 3 on device 00000000

Any ideas on how to eliminate. Doesn’t seem to affect anything, but is annoying when watching the terminal.

This can be fixed by editing one of the scripts that starts up the kernel logging daemon.

The file to edit is /etc/init.d/klogd and has a line in it with:

KLOGD=""

change this line to

KLOGD="-2 -c 4"

then as root, restart the kernel logging by running the script with a restart argument at the commandline:

/etc/init.d/klogd restart

should do it. A restart will work also :). For info on what those arguments mean, doing a "man klogd" will tell you all you need. I used to know what the unexpected irq was related to, but it's slipped way somewhere I can't remember at the moment - it does however, seem restricted to 475s/Quadra 605s, and gets worse as my machines were overclocked, making the console painful, sometimes impossible to use.

be well!
dana
--
http://www.danamania.com/