Re: CVS kernel-image for mac

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 02:13:03PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> You've got linux working on a q840av? Anything specific I should know about
> that? I waiting for a bunch of adapters before I can turn it on, I'm afraid
> I wont have everything before I have to go to Alaska again...
> And one question, how do I get to the memory slots, do I have to take
> everything apart or is there an easy way?

Well, I don't have my Q840AV running linux yet, but that's because it
doesn't have enough working RAM to load everything. However, I have
looked at the hardware quite a few times because of that. The easiest
way I found to get to the memory slots is to take out the motherboard.
After you take off the case cover, there is one screw holding it in,
and after that, just unplug all the cables and slide it out. I know
it's not "easy" but I didn't find any better way.

Of course, I understand that linux is a little flakey on the Q840AV
due to a lack of info about several parts.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com