Re: Macintosh IIvx system 7.5.3 plus Debian

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> I have the Macintosch IIvx and a broken OS on it.
>
> Now I have had time to download a newer version of the sytem 75.3.
> I have all on one CD but how can I make The Floppys to reinstall
> the System ?

You can make the floppies if you have another Mac, of you can download
network install floppies from Apple's website. Look at
www.mac.linux-m68k.org  for details and a FAQ. I think the URL is in the
FAQ.

> Where can I get the List, which SCSI disks are supported ?
> I was searching on apple but without success.
>
> The current one has 47 MBytes and I have one DPES from IBM, which
> will be a nice Systemdisk for Debian...

Indeed. I'd just use the 47 Mbytes disk for MacOS, and the IBM one
exclusively for Linux. I think SCSI disks are supported if the SCSI
controller is, which it probably is. See the supported systems list on
the website mentioned previously for details, but also check the words
in the FAQ about the supported systems list.

HTH, Erik
Erik C.J. Laan				elaan at dds.nl
Please reply below the message,	 please cut unrelevant pieces from a
reply.