Re: Starting with Debian 68k..

Lincoln Rutledge wrote:
> Thanks for recommending those links to me (was a month or two ago)...
>
> I was able to turn my "Helen Keller" machine into a tcp/ip machine and
> use ftp!

Great.

> Now if potato install didn't crash every time it scans the CD for index
> files...

Potato is somewhat old, better go the woody way....

> Also my woody iso's can't find the cd when I choose as install medium...

This is because the installer ram-disk image doesn't have/create the
correct devices. Just before choosing the install medium go to another
console and create the devices. I've just read another post where some
other guy explains the gory details.

> Just ranting, sorry,
>
> Thanks again for the pointers!

I think Christian Steigies has details about the bugs/problems m68k
machine
s have with the boot-floppies package on his page
people.debian.org/~cts/

> On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 04:30, Erik C.J. Laan wrote:
> > Marijn Vriens wrote:
> > > So my question is, does anybody have the Images I need to first get
> > > MacOS going, partition the ide-drive and install Debian (it's still
> > > imposible to boot straight to Linux on a mac 68k right?) in simple
> > > files that I can just gunzip and dd to a floppy from a i386 machine.
> > >
> > > Any help apriciated, i'm pretty stuck, and would like to use the
> > > machine.
> >
> > As it seems you do have a i386 machine, you can use the MacEtte program
> > to create Mac floppies on it. See
> > www.sjoki.uta.fi/~shmhav/mac-internet.txt and
> > www.sjoki.uta.fi/~shmhav/68000.txt for details. These faq's deal with
> > getting  the m68k Mac's to run anything, and to get them on the
> > internet, without any previous running MacOS, CD's or disks.

HTH, Erik
Erik C.J. Laan				elaan at dds.nl
Please reply below the message,	 please cut unrelevant pieces from a
reply.