Re: Debian Newbie

> Unfortunately I don't know much about the Milan. The only thing I
> know is that it was sold as a 68040 box and that users could buy an
> upgrade to
> 68060.

Exactly. Don't know if the '060 module was ever sold.

> It would be a good idea as well to have 68060 support for ATARIs because
> there are several ATARIs equipped with Motorolas last incarnation of the
> m68k family.
>
> Hades060
> Milan060
> Falcon060 (with CT60).

The Hades should run, I've done some adaptions for it myself years ago ;)

Ad Milan: It is basically a Motorola CPU plus a standard PC chipset
(at least standard for the time it was designed ;) plus a few
reprogrammed Atari custom chips. I was promised such a machine for
the purpose of porting Linux several years ago, but it never got
finished and never arrived...

But Linux/m68k has no problems with a 68060 processor. It's the rest
of the system that is unknown then.

Roman