Re: Debian Newbie

> maybe there is no
> support for Milan yet in the kernel? Hades (some atari clone?) has a

Yes. The Hades was the first ATARI clone that was sold in quantities. I once
saw Linux running on it decades ago on a computer fair but I don't remember
whether it had a 68060 in it at that time or it was still a 68040 box.

> selectable option, maybe Milan needs one as well?
> Might be worth trying to build an atari kernel with explicit
> 060 support
> just to test this. Any atari experts here that could tell me
> if this is a
> waste of time because milan is not supported by the kernel yet?

Unfortunately I don't know much about the Milan. The only thing I know is
that it was sold as a 68040 box and that users could buy an upgrade to
68060.

Peter, is it difficult to go back to 68040 just for testing reasons?

Anyway, its a shame that Linux doesn't seem to run on the fastest ATARI
clones available. Linux needs a lot of computing power (compared to TOS or
even MiNT) so its a pity that current kernels do not run on 2 of 3 fast
ATARIs (Milan040, Afterburner).

It would be a good idea as well to have 68060 support for ATARIs because
there are several ATARIs equipped with Motorolas last incarnation of the
m68k family.

Hades060
Milan060
Falcon060 (with CT60).