Fw: Debian Linux on an old macintosh

Hi all,

   I just got Debian installed on a Jaz drive connected to my Mac Quadra 660 AV and
now have a base system installed! Yea!

   It seems pretty slow, but I am glad to finally have a working linux system. However, it isn't
totally working yet, as I can't figure out how to get it to mount floppies or CDRom yet.

   I am doing the mount /dev/fd0 /floppy (The entries in fstab fill in the missing pieces of
that command) but it comes back with :

The kernel does not recognize /dev/fd0 as a block device.

   And when I try the same thing for the cdrom, I get:

Special device /dev/cdrom does not exist.

   in /dev, there are cdrom and fd0 and fd1 and several other fdxxxxxxx  entries.

   How do I set these special devices up to point to the hardware?

   Any ideas?

Thanks,

George