linux <==ethernet==> macos7 [OT]

Well, my IIci has some problems, so at the moment i can't install linux in
it. anyway, i'd like to connect it to my linux network, but i don't know
how could i do it (since i know nothing of that *stupid* macos).

this is the situation

    /---------HUB-(bnc)-----\
    |                       |
linux pc                   mac

i installed netatalk on the linux pc, and i'm able to mount the linux disk
under the mac, and i hope i'll figure how to ssh to it.

but i have no idea on how i could see the mac using linux. mount, shell,
ftp, anything would be nice. but i don't even have an idea on how to set
the IP address on the mac!

some ideas?

thanks and excuse me for the OT.

--
"Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they are not after you"
                            . /\ °