Re: can't boot linux

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 01:41:45PM +0100, Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono wrote:
> "Chris Tillman" <tillman@voicetrak.com> :
>
> > They are 30 pin simms, probably you will have to find used ones. IIRC you
>
> ah, and they are different from "normal" simms?

Well there were a bunch of different kinds of simms, they were 'normal'
for Macs until 1994 or so, when they started using 72-pin simms and DIMMs.

> > have to match four and four, in other words you need four identical chips
> > in the 1st four slots, and another 4 identical chips in the other 4.
>
> exactly, i knew the "four and four" thing, and that's why i don't
> understand why the slots are different 2 and 6. I thought maybe some were
> soldered and some removable, but this doesn't make sense, since i have to
> put them four by four.

I don't know about that, mine are all white. Maybe 2 were replaced?
More info on Mac IIci at

http://docs.info.apple.com/artice.html?artnum=112173

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |