re: donation: HP Apollo 425t MORE INFO

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 19:22, Steve Pacenka wrote:
> Mako and others,
>
> I have another 9000/425 available to some Debian or m68k Linux kernel
> developer.  It's listed at
>
>   http://www.lightlink.com/babbages/workstations.html
>
> first in the HP section.  This was working except that when I tested it
> over a year ago I didn't know enough about ethernets in these.  There
> was some kind of boot error message related to ethernet.  Maybe that's
> just a no-carrier thing or maybe I should have been using an AUI port
> instead of BNC to hook up.
>
> I will scrap-recycle this one soon since there has been no interest in
> the two years we've had it.  So it can go for the cost of shipping, be
> picked up, or I would drop it off in the Finger Lakes or Hudson Valley
> areas of NY or the Scranton area of PA.  The recipient can have a
> matching HP large monitor too if they pick up or I drop off.  (Ain't no
> way I will ship those monitors.  Can barely lift 'em.)
>

> >It's certainly not spectacular but I know m68k machines can be in
> >short supply. If you'd like to give me specific minimum requirements,
> >I'll be happy to relay only these offers in the future.
>
> Short supply?
>
> If a sincere Linux developer is interested in a Mac Quadra 610, 605
> (with 68LC040 but accepts a full 68040), 630, or 650 they can contact me
> about the best way to get something to them.  We have dozens of 630s and
> a few 610/605/650.  Lots of similar Centris 610 & 650; probably LC
> CPUs.  In gratitude for having kernel and Debian 3.0 m68k to use in
> showing off some of these to our customers (as X terminals or
> Linux-learning toys), I'm happy to donate some of our stock back to
> developers, and will help to get together a complete working system.
>
> -- SP
>    http://www.lightlink.com/babbages/   Babbage's Basement

I would be interested in acquiring any of the 6xx model Macs.  I am
currently one of the m68k Mac kernel maintainers and I have the
following Macs I use to test on (IIx, IIci, IIsi, IIfx, IIvx, Q900,
Q950, LC475 and LC575).  I'm interested in acquiring any models I don't
already have and would be willing to pay reasonable shipping costs.  I
have a couple of Macintosh KVM switches, so I only need the base unit.
I have 12, 14, 15 and 17 inch Mac monitors, but I would like to get a
16" for testing also.

Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org