Re: After base install, what do I need for a complete system?

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 03:16:11PM -0700, Harold Martin wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just installed the Debian m68k base system on my Mac. It doesn't
> have very much at all (but I guess that's what you get for a 15MB file
> :). So, I'd like to know, what do/install to get a "complete" system.
> I'd like to at least get X, emacs, gcc, make, and other utilities. From
> my list, you might guess that I don't have gcc so I can't compile the
> other things I need. Is there anyway I can get binaries?
> Thanks,
> Harold

Check out the manual, the link is in my .sig. You will be looking
for references to tasksel and dselect. aptitude is another fine
choice. Binaries are available in the debian archive, and you
told your system how to retrieve them when you set up the apt
sources after your first boot in to Debian.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |