Re: xfree86 4.2.0-0pre1v3 (source,i386) available at the X Strike Force

>> ISHIKAWA Mutsumi wrote:

>> I wonder if the problems will turn out to be big-endian related?
>> It would be nice to be able to debug it on a faster arch than
>> m68k.
>>
>> I'll see if Branden has the old patch and I'll try and find what
>> has changed.

 I've tracking down the SPARC problem.

 I found that some drivers still have some hardware depend codes.

 For example radeon_drv and r128_drv does require VGA related functions
defined in xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/vgahw/vgaHW.{c,h}. But SPARC
does not have VGA, so vgaHW.o is not linked in XFree86 server.

 This does cause a trouble when we wish to build a static linked X
server.

 On the static linked X server, functions symbols resolution will be
done at the time of linking.

 vs

 On the dynamic loading X server, functions symbol resolution will be
done at the time of staring the server.

 On m68k, mac64 dynamic loading driver cannot have worked from
before. Because xf86WriteMmio32Be is not defined anywhere.

 Perhaps, we should define xf86WriteMmio32Be function in
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/compiler.h.

--
ISHIKAWA Mutsumi
 <ishikawa@linux.or.jp>, <ishikawa@debian.org>, <ishikawa@netvillage.co.jp>