Re: Penguin-19, The moment of Truth

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 10:40:32AM -0600, Mark St. John wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance....
>
> I've just installed "woody" on my 68k mac (or so I hope) and am trying
> to boot it for the first time. I've followed the instructions (version
> 3.0.24) to the letter and had no hiccups until chapter 8, section 8.2.2.
> The instructions read "...locate the kernel options line...change the
> entry to root=/dev/[linux device name here]". However, in Penguin-19 I
> can find no such "kernel options" line.

For access to the installer in the future, you might want to choose
File -> Save Settings... as something called 'Rescue' or so. Then if
you double click on Rescue, Penguin will start with those settings.

In the Penguin, under File -> Settings..., first switch to the Kernel
tab and un-check the ramdisk option. Then in the Options tab, type in
the root= clause.

If you want to use these settings from now on, select
File -> Save Settings as Default.

I'll make this a little clearer in the manual.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |