Re: How can I create a /dev/sr0 for my CD-ROM

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 08:28:29PM +0200, Thomas Scherk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am just installing Woody on my ATARI TT030. While booting vom bootstra.prg
> I can read that the kernel recognizes my SCSI-CD-ROM at SCSI ID 3 and names
> it /dev/sr0.
>
> Now I want to finish installation from CD-ROM and want to
> mount the CD-ROM with the command
>
> "mount -t iso9660 /dev/sr0 /mnt"
>
> I get the answer that the "file does not exist".
>
> "ls -al /dev/sr*" lists "/dev/sr2" and "/dev/sr3".
>
> Mayor number 11, minor number 2 and 3.
>
> How can I create a device /dev/sr0.

try

cd /dev
mknod sr0 b 11 0
chgrp cdrom sr0
chmod 660 sr0

Again, what are the error messages you see when you try it the normal way?

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |