Re: Woody is out!! WOW!!... but a big problem updating..

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 02:50:34AM +0200, MaX wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as reported in debianplanet (i have checked the mirrors too :) woody is out.
>
> well. now a big problem. updating my potato to woody result an error
> installing the libc6 package.

um, couldn't you have tried this _before_ the release? Don't tell me there
was not enough time...

> dpkg: warning - old post-removal script killed by signal (Segment Fault)
> dpkg: - trying script from the new package instead...
> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.2.5-6_m68k.deb (--unpack):
> subprocess new post-removal.... etc.etc...
>
> some one know the solution?

etc.etc. WHAT? Any other messages? does the new post remove work or not? If
not, whats the error? Check your /var/lib/dpkg/info/libc6.postrm (there
should be two, dpkg.new and the "old" one?) and see whats failing.

cts@aahz:~>uname -a
Linux aahz 2.4.18 #1 Wed Jul 17 21:38:55 EDT 2002 m68k unknown
cts@aahz:~>dpkg -l libc6
ii  libc6          2.2.5-6        GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone

I must have installed it somehow, but then I am running woody already since
a long time. Oh no, this is freshly installed just a few weeks ago since my
harddisks died, but before that I switched from potato to woody. I remember
it was a little painful, but I got it working somehow. What is the libc
version you are trying to replace? Sorry, no potato system around, so I can
not play with this. Maybe you find something useful on the woody page.
Try playing with --force-depends or other interesting dpkg options.

And when you found the solution, please report it here so I can add it to
the woody page.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/woody