I gave my Debian Mac a split personality...

Well almost...If anything, its just seriously
confused.  Functional, but confused.

If you recall, I was the pain in the ass that wanted
to installed Debian potato on a SE/30.  However, I
needed a kernel greater than 2.2.10 that   was
provided on my potato CD-ROM.  So instead, I plucked
what I assumed to be kernel 2.2.20 from the current
woody macinstall.tar.gz to perform the install.

However, now my poor SE/30 is confused. Upon user
login, it greats me with the line:
Linux <my_boxs_hostname> 2.2.20 blah

I interpreted this to mean that I was using kernel
2.2.20.  However, looking around, I see that in /boot
the kernel is labelled:  vmlinuz-2.2.10.  Is also
accompanied by "System.map-2.2.10", "config-2.2.10".
The kernel modules are in a directory called "2.2.10"
in /lib/modules"

Here's what I did to install Potato.  From
macinstall.tar.gz for potato I used the files:
root.bin, sysmap.gz, and rescue.bin.  From
macinstall.tar.gz  for woody, I took the files:
kernel.bin, drivers.tgz, and drivers.bin.

Oops, now that I think about it, should I have used
woody's sysmap.gz?   Does this supply the 2.2.x names
that are assigned at install?

What's going on here?  If I know that I am using
kernel 2.2.20, but it and related files and
directory's are name 2.2.10, can I just rename them
2.2.20 and unify my Debian Mac personality?

O.K. I know this is all my fault, but everything seems
to function.  Just wanted to know what's going on
before I do another re-install.

Thanks,

Dubya Crowshaw