Re: "bogl" is halting my debian install

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 07:51:42PM -0400, John W Lamb wrote:

> This did the trick famously.  The full boot-line that I put into my
> 'StartupInstall' batch script is this:
>
> amiboot-5.6 -d -k linux.bin -r root.bin root=/dev/ram video=amifb:pal
> nolangchooser
>
> ^ of course that goes on line, no matterhow your mailreader may mangle it.

Looks mangled on your end, anyhow, thanks for testing and reporting back.
Now the question is, does amifb always need this for the install? Looks
like, so maybe it should be added to that StartInstall script... anybody
installed woody (3.0.23, versions before 3.0.22 or so did not use bogle)
using amifb without nolangchooser successfully?

> Thanks so much for your help -- I am now on the way to having a fresh,
> current debian install on my extremely nerdy amiga 1200.

Welcome to the club :-)

> I must say I am impressed with the work of everyone involved with
> linux-m68k -- the Debian installer has detected, sucessfully started,
> configured, and used, my Linksys EC2T NIC, which caused NetBSD to lock
> completely (Handy thing, a network-intense operating system with no
> network connection.  :/ )

That might be the cheapest way to get another fast m68k box on the net, A1k2
with PCMCIA NIC. I think even the 060 boards are cheaper then for A2/3/4k?
Hmm, any A1200s lying around somewhere?

Christian