Re: "bogl" is halting my debian install

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 06:52:48PM -0400, John W Lamb wrote:
> Hi.  I'm trying to install Debian on an Amiga 1200 with 32 megs of FAST
> RAM, 2 megs of CHIP RAM, 2 IDE hard disks, 1 floppy disk, a Linksys EC2T
> PCMCIA NIC, and the stock AGA RGB amiga video (15KHz mode).  My
> StartInstall batch file is configured as such:
>
> amiboot-5.6 -d -k linux.bin -r root.bin root=/dev/ram video=amifb:pal

Shouldn't you use ntsc instead of pal?

> however, the boot process halts after "init started: BusyBox v0.60.3pre
> (2002.01.22-04:38+0000) multi-call binary".  The screen then begins
> repeating "bogl: don't know screen type 1" over and over again, onto
> whatever console I switch to.  So my question is, What is bogl, and how
> can I fix this?

http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/m68k/ch-rescue-boot.en.html#s-boot-parms
[...]
nolangchooser
 Some architectures use the kernel framebuffer to offer installation in a
 number of languages. If framebuffer causes a problem on your system you can
 use this option to disable the feature.

Try adding that to your bootoptions (and please report your full boot
options in case it works!).

> Also, I'm not subscribed to this list, so please email me directly; or
> please instruct me how to subscribe.

Well, there are unsubscribe instructions in your mail, maybe you can figure
out how to subscribe? Also I heard the webinterface is pretty nifty:

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato