Re: HELP: Amiga 2000, Blizzard 2060---base system install fails!

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 09:04:11PM +0200, Christer Oldhoff wrote:

> > What type of keyboard do you have, the original A2k kb or some kind of
> > adapter+PS/2?
> >
> The original one.

something seems to be broken...

> Sorry, I don't know why i said that---I meant internal.
> > Or the video _slot_, which is internal, at least in my box. If so, please
> > remove ;-)
>
> But it is simple hardware, no drivers---it simply converts its input signal.

if its so simple, why is it so expensive? do you know exactly what it is
doing? I don't... I would remove it (clgen works, so you do not need it, at
least not to install linux), also the octagon controller. I dont have an
octagon, nor an internal flifli, and my box works fine.

> RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.
> amikeyb: keyboard selftest failure

This is a message from the kernel and not from the boot-floppies. Are you
sure the keyboard is connected properly? Try booting without keyboard (not
sure if that works or if the machine reboots spontaneously when you remove
the keyboard,  might be dangerous for your hardware)?

Anyway, none of my business, you should ask on linux-m68k, I have never seen
that message (and I've seen some funny ones already, like printer on fire,
messages from martians...), you might want to read the kernel source, maybe
there is some more explanation. But the linux gurus should know about this,
one of them wrote the keyboard driver, they might help you.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato