Re: ethernet support in 2.2.20-20011202 kernel

Hi Erik,

Most informative. I had been wondering what all the extra files were used for! Thanks for clearing that up. I
have just re-installed everything from scratch anyway, since I tried to install some packages on the machine
and the hard drive got full. I thought maybe I had just managed to fill it all with rubbish during the
dselect process. However, it now seems like it is more likely to be that I just don't have enough HD space
anyway. Here's the HD spec:

120 MB HD (in total), split as follows:

30 MB mac HFS to boot off
40 MB linux swap (physical RAM is 20 MB and it says in the install info that you should have double this)
50 MB (all the remaining space on the HD - linux main partition)

I have just seen in a tech note that "55 MB" is the minimum for an install of a base system and "the more HD
space the better". Hence, it looks like before doing anything else, I need a bigger HD.

When that machine was new, it had a "big" HD (120MB). I think the standard size was 80MB.

Suggestions of a good working size of HD (and bearing in mind that I am not trying to spend more on a new HD
than the whole machine is worth)? I was thinking at least one Gig.

Thanks,

Nick.