Re: (gnu)chess, I'm building it

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 04:02:00PM -0600, Martin Mitchell wrote:
> [...]
I wrote that, you have to blame me...

> > > Where do you get that from?
> > > Whats Falk Hueffners? (he wants to know)
> >
> > There's a link on http://www.debian.org/devel/ (all down the bottom; look
> > for "Assorted Links")
>
> That's strange, I just looked and I'm up to -83.25...
Page last updated at Saturday, 12 January 2002 at 17:10 CST
by version 1.9 of the Perl script bin/karma.

cts@master:~>grep Mitchell karma.txt
 -90.75 Martin Mitchell <martin@debian.org>
cts@master:~>grep last karma.txt
Page last updated at Monday, 21 January 2002 at 13:03 CST

Anyhow, good that this woke you up ;-)

> Seriously however the problem with gnuchess is that it takes too long to
> build. What about leaving it up to the installer as to whether they wish
> to compile the book or not - I don't want to do the endian swapping on the
> file unless upstream will accept it.
The installer? You every user who installs this package should build the
book for himself? And wait for a week up to a month on an average m68k
machine? You must be kidding... If the endian swapping works, why not go
with it?

Christian