Turning a Mac IIcx into an ISDN router

I've recently acquired a Mac IIcx (16Mhz 68030, Nubus expansion) and I
was wondering about the possiblity of turning it into an ISDN router for
my home LAN. To do so, I need to (a) get Linux running and (b) get
Linux-supported network and ISDN connections.

The former seems to be quite easy, as Nubus ethernet cards are all over
Ebay. I could do with some recommendations as to chipset and model
though, if anyone can oblige.

The second is trickier. There are native ISDN cards, but Linux support
seems to be pretty ropey on all the Google searches I turned up. The
other alternative I wondered about is a serial card and then a serial
TA, which I'm guessing might be easier to get working.

Can anyone offer advice, where I might find further info, etc? I have
scanned around on DejaGoogle, Google and this list archive but 90% of it
seems to be "that card doesn't work" posts from 1997, which is probably
not that relevent today :o(

Thanks in advance.

--
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's    |   -=R=-
game because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be         |web: http://