RE: PCC error

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Hirst [mailto:rhirst@linuxcare.com]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 8:57 AM
To: Rick Eicher II
Cc: vme
Subject: Re: PCC error

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 10:51:11AM -0700, Rick Eicher II wrote:
> I have to to enter them but it tells me what the defaults are.

OK, different from my manual.

> This pcb is about two inches wide and four inches long? If so the fuse is
> green? It is bad. It will not pass current.

That's the pcb, don't know what colour your fuse might be - sorry, I don't
have oneI can look at right now.

> This would cause the pcc command to throw out the " scsi port reset signal
> is active" error?

Unpowered terminators might well pull the scsi bus reset line down which
might result in that msg.

Richard

I have changed the fuse on the pcb card. But I still get "scsi port reset
signal is active" when I issue the pcc command from the 147diag prompt.

I am about to install new nvram chips as my old ones have dead batteries.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick