Re: FYI: me, XFree86, and my Quadra 840AV

Wouter Verhelst [2001-09-05 17.33 +0200]:
>On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > I recently completed my first successful complete build of XFree86 on my
> > m68k box, with about 100 megs of space to spare on the local disk.
> > Woohoo!
>
>Congrats ;-)

AOL!  ;-)

> > The box wasn't doing anything else except a "tail" during the build.
> > And, of course, a root cron job that runs rdate every 10 minutes to keep
> > the machine's clock from falling behind by literally hours during the
> > build.  (NTP still locks the box.)
>
>You need a recent kernel. NTP doesn't work on 2.2.10. I'm running a 2.2.19
>I got somewhere, which does not have this issue.
>
>Only I don't recall where I got it... anyone?

There are a few 2.2.18 and .19 kernels at Sourceforge, and there's a 2.2.19
in the unstable fork at the common ftp mirrors which I'm playing with on my
840AV at the moment.

Btw: has anyone got Gnome 1.4 (from the unstable fork mentioned) to run on
a 840AV?  Which video device should I use?

-Moss-
--
-eof-