Re: Can you help me?

At 14:06 10/22/2001, SIMAO wrote:
when I
download Penguin 18 hpx. etc.. This file not is a executable for MAC because I
download on PC(Intel,Windows) and format this file is FAT.
Then MAC don't undertand this file how a executable. This file is a un PC file
and don't execute.

.hqx files are not executable on Macintoshes either.

Can I help me?How download files for install Linux in my MAC?
My MAC don't have a CD-ROM and Modem.

I hope I understand you correctly:
- you can't download files to your Macintosh so you download files to your Windows machine
  - you copy downloaded files to floppy disks
- Your Mac should be able to read floppies written by a Windows machine, so copy the files to your Mac
  - double-clicking does not work (I assume that's where you are stuck)

You probably have 'Stuffit Expander' on your Mac. Start it, and in the File menu should be an 'Expand' menu item. Choose that one, and you'll be able to select that 'Penguin 18.hqx' and expand it.

Erik