Re: cdrecord/xcdroast on m68k?

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 02:40:57PM +0200, Richard Zidlicky wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 06:02:13PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > Hi,
> > is anybody using cdrecord and/or xcdroast on m68k? I've tried it several
> > times now but my amiga always freezes after writing 30-50% of the image.
> > Is this expected behaviour because the amiga enters some powersave mode due
> > to idle time or do I have another problem?
>
> I was using cdrecord versions from 1.6 to 1.9 without any problem
> on 2.2 and 2.4 kernels, ide-scsi stuff.
> So it looks like a SCSI problem, did you check messages?
Didn't see anything when it happend (screen blanked or the Xterm which I
used to log on didn't show anything anymore). Can't see anything in /var/log
righ now. Um, why does it say:
 sr1: scsi3-mmc drive: 6x/6x writer xa/form2 cdda tray
Its a Yamaha CDR400t?

> Did you try really small images?
Nope, I only tried woody-i386 test images.
> Do you have the CD writer on the same adapter as your disk? The image to
> write and swap should be on disks on other buses than the CD-RW for smooth
> operation, in my configuration the CD-RW simply freezes its IDE bus for
> quite some time during certain operations (fixating and blanking).
CDR, no CDRW, sorry. The CDR is on the b2060 SCSI bus, the image is on an
IDE disk at the catweasel controller. My / is on the SCSI bus, internal 1G
disk, CDR is external. Never had problems like that with my external MOD...
> Also try cdrecord with '-v' or '-vv'.
Next time maybe, building xfree86 4.1 right now...

Christian