LC475 respawning too fast

Hi!

I followed exactly the instructions as explained in
http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/docs/debian-2.2-mac68k-install.php with my
LC475, but when the installer rebooted the system, the installation doesn't
continue.

After the line "Starting internet superserver: inetd." the LC475 stalls to
"INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes". After five
minutes it repeats this message and so on.

Does this refer to the inittab line, which says:
"1:2345:respawn:/sbin/termwrap /usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure base-config
</dev/tty1 >/dev/tty1 2>&1"? I was able to see it in tty2, so perhaps it
would somehow be possible to finish the process manually too?

I tried to run the dpkg-reconfigure manually, but since I'm not sure of the
correct options here, it ended up with segmentation fault.

What I miss is:
- enabling MD5 passwords
- enabling shadow passwords
- removing the PCMCIA package

And of course getting rid of the annoying "too fast" message would be nice
too. Shall I just comment the line out from inittab?

Jari Lammi