Re: Hello

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 03:37:22PM +0300, Galia Gitliz wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to write a trap handler to couth the SIGILL and SIGSEVG signals; so if the user program didn't  "mapp" the adr on the vmebus the program will print a message and continue instead of being stop and exit with a core dump.

you have 2 possibilities:
 - mmap the required memory inside the signal handler, return and the
   program will continue as if nothing has happened.
 - exit the signal handler via longjmp.

note that it is safe only for memory, if you are trying to kmap some
special device its much more tricky.

Bye
Richard