Re: Computer and Tech Show

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 10:54:54AM -0400, Russell Hires wrote:

> Personally, I think just getting Linux going on such a machine is
> quite a feat, but I'm sure that there's more impressive things I
> could do/show to people.

For the last couple of years at the Atlanta Linux Showcase, we had my
SE/30 scrolling through a list of available packages. Not exactly
impressive, but it had the same basic attraction as a nearby train
wreck.

Common quote to spectators: "No, we didn't code in any pauses. The
framebuffer's actually that slow."

If we had more than one, we'd have possibly considered setting up the
world's slowest Beowulf.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu