From: Eric Charikane <charikane@ecrin.asso.fr>
To: Debian <debian-68k@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 10:53 AM
Subject: Burning CD & Linuxconf

> Hello,
>
> Here I am Eric, in France near Paris, very new to this list and to Debian
Linux on 68k Apple Macintosh. I'm trying to run linux on one Performa LC 630
Dos with a full 68040. I plan to use it first for ham radio applications
like TCP/IP over radio with a TNC3S in slip mode.

> The first step is running quite well, i.e the system without X. Althought
I have 2 questions :

> - I have downloaded the CD images and try to burn my own CD iso 9660 using
toast 4 on the macintosh G4 with MacOS 9.1. But I didn't find a way to keep
the right case of the pathname in the new burnt CD, i.e every pathname
became from lower-case to upper-case everywhere, so I could not use the CD
with the installer, as it didn't recognise any path ! What am I missing ?

> - After installing linuxconf_1.17r5-2.deb with dselect, things seem to go
well, but when I try to run it, I've always got " Segmentation Fault ". What
can I do to make it run ?

> Thanks for any help, regards
>
> Eric
>
> --
>
> ECRIN
> "Créer et faciliter en amont le rapprochement Recherche<->Entreprise pour
le développement et l'innovation"