configure failing to decide compiler works

[cc me please; I am not on this list]

Hi.  I noticed that one of my packages (krb5) failed to build for
m68k, claiming that configure failed to find a working compiler.

I looked through build logs and saw that other packages seemed to be
having the same problem.  Could people please look at this and fix it
if it is a m68k builder problem or if it is a package problem, give us
enough data so we can go fix our packages?  I don't think it is a
package problem, though as previous versions of this package built
fine.