RE: Kernel 2.2.19 and gcc 2.95.2

> > i've just compiled the above with the above. :-) Works fine,
> but nfs.o and
> > nfsd.o are missing the symbol "__muldi3", which is usually
> requested by a
> > gcc builtin function (so I suspect gcc is at fault here).
> >
> > Could someone confirm that either I am stupid or something is broken in
> > either the kernel or the compiler? (NFS client and server with
> v3 support
> > enabled as modules)
>
> I don't have a 2.2.19 tree handy, but I'd guess __muldi3 needs to be
> exported from the kernel for use in modules, via an entry in
> arch/m68k/kernel/m68k_ksyms.c
> Probably __muldi3 is only used in nfs[d].o so doesn't get linked in
> to the kernel if they are built as modules.  Probably add
>
> asmlinkage long long __muldi3 (long long, long long);
> EXPORT_SYMBOL_NOVERS(__muldi3);
>
> which is what is in the 2.4.x tree.

You will also need the source to the __muldi3 function, which is not in the
2.2.19 source tree. Alternatively grab the latest kernel-patch package which
includes this patch from:

 http://people.debian.org/~holgate/kernel-2.2.19/

Nick
Nick Holgate <holgate@debian.org>
GPG key from public servers : Key ID FD9C18AF
Fingerprint = 9DCA EDEA D5C5 57DA 23F3  1A2B 2273 5645 FD9C 18AF