Re: Kernel 2.2.19 and gcc 2.95.2

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 12:02:01AM +0200, Simon Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've just compiled the above with the above. :-) Works fine, but nfs.o and
> nfsd.o are missing the symbol "__muldi3", which is usually requested by a
> gcc builtin function (so I suspect gcc is at fault here).
>
> Could someone confirm that either I am stupid or something is broken in
> either the kernel or the compiler? (NFS client and server with v3 support
> enabled as modules)

I don't have a 2.2.19 tree handy, but I'd guess __muldi3 needs to be
exported from the kernel for use in modules, via an entry in
arch/m68k/kernel/m68k_ksyms.c
Probably __muldi3 is only used in nfs[d].o so doesn't get linked in
to the kernel if they are built as modules.  Probably add

asmlinkage long long __muldi3 (long long, long long);
EXPORT_SYMBOL_NOVERS(__muldi3);

which is what is in the 2.4.x tree.

Richard