Re: [2.2r3] Status report - Request for Discussion

Nick Holgate wrote:
> > And new kernels even got stuck in the incoming directory because ftpmaster
> > weren't informed before dinstall run.
> >

> What does that actually mean? stuck in the incoming directory how/why?

Oh c'mon, I don't want to explain how archive maintenance actually works.

New packages don't get installed right away, only updates to existing
ones are.  New packages require an override entry.  If it hasn't been
made before dinstall runs the package is stuck in the incoming directory.

> Who should have informed ftpmaster when/why? Sorry, I don't understand
> the problem.

See above.

There are some arm kernels as well.

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU GPL: "The source will be with you... always."