Re: joining this list

[Please note the following headers in my mails to this list:]

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 08:55:59PM +0200, Simon Richter wrote:
> Hi Branden & others,
>
> > Your friendly neighborhood XFree86 maintainer would like to join the
> > m68k porting effort.
>
> [...]
>
> > Macintosh Quadra 840AV (68040 @ 40MHz)
>
> Do the differences in fb layout between the various m68k boxen (Mac,
> Amiga, Atari) get abstracted away by the kernel or do we need different
> drivers on these boxen?

As I understand it, they are abstracted by the kernel.  For m68k, at least
at first, the only usable XFree86 driver will be "fdbev".  (Although work
is required for even that to work, at this point.)

--
G. Branden Robinson             |      One man's "magic" is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                |      engineering.  "Supernatural" is a